Large Animal Clinical Procedures for Veterinary TechniciansBy
- Kristin Holtgrew-Bohling, BS, AAS, LVT, RLATG , Instructor, Veterinary Technology Program, Vatterott College, Omaha, NE; Iowa State University/ University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Professional Program of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2014
Covering the role of the veterinary technician in large-animal care, Large Animal Clinical Procedures for Veterinary Technicians, 2nd Edition provides a comprehensive guide to large-animal clinical diagnostic, medical, and surgical procedures. Not only does this book show why and how each procedure is performed, but it shows the vet techs role in preparing for, assisting in, and following up on each one. Coverage of herd health care helps you understand the essentials of behavior and handling, safety, breeds, vaccination schedules, and common parasites. This edition adds case studies and clinical applications in each chapter, and a new section with an overview on livestock management. Written by educator and horse stable owner Kristin Holtgrew-Bohling, this book helps you pass your boards and gain certification, and can also be used as an on-the-job reference.
Paperback, 584 Pages
Published: June 2011
Section 1: The Livestock Industry NEW!
1. The Importance of Livestock
2. Livestock Safety and Handling3. Livestock Reproduction
4. Livestock NutritionSection 2: Large Animal Hospital Management
5. Daily Hospital Responsibilities6. Admissions, Medical Records, and Physical Examinations
Section 3: Horses in Veterinary Practice7. Equine Husbandry
8. Equine Clinical Procedures9. Equine Surgical Procedures
10. Equine DiseaseSection 4: Cattle in Veterinary Practice
11. Bovine Husbandry12. Bovine Clinical Procedures
13. Bovine Surgical Procedures14. Common Bovine Diseases
Section 5: Sheep and Goats in Veterinary Practice15. Ovine and Caprine Husbandry
16. Ovine and Caprine Clinical Procedures17. Ovine and Caprine Surgical Procedures
18. Common Ovine and Caprine DiseasesSection 6: Llamas and Alpacas in Veterinary Practice NEW!
19. Camelid Husbandry20. Camelid Clinical Procedures
21. Camelid Surgical Procedures22. Common Camelid Diseases
Section 7: Swine in Veterinary Practice23. Porcine Husbandry
24. Porcine Clinical Procedures25. Porcine Surgical Procedures
26. Porcine DiseasesGlossary