Ion Beam Processing of Materials and Deposition Processes of Protective Coatings
- P.L.F. Hemment, Guildford, Surrey, U.K.
- J. Gyulai, Budapest, Hungary
- R.B. Simonton, Beverly, MA, USA
- I. Yamada, Kyoto, Japan
- J.-P. Thomas, Villeurbanne, France
- P. Thévenard, Villeurbanne, France
- W.L. Brown, Murray Hill, NJ, USA
- P.B. Barna, Budapest, Hungary
- Y. Pauleau, Grenoble, France
- G. Wahl, Braunschweig, Germany
Containing the proceedings of three symposia in the E-MRS series this book is divided into two parts. Part one is concerned with ion beam processing, a particularly powerful and versatile technology which can be used both to synthesise and modify materials, including metals, semiconductors, ceramics and dielectrics, with great precision and excellent control. Furthermore it also deals with the correlated effects in atomic and cluster ion bombardment and implantation.
Part two deals with the deposition techniques, characterization and applications of advanced ceramic, metallic and polymeric coatings or thin films for surface protection against corrosion, erosion, abrasion, diffusion and for lubrication of contracting surfaces in relative motion.
- Published: July 1996
- Imprint: NORTH-HOLLAND
- ISBN: 978-0-444-82410-3