Introduction to Quantitative EEG and Neurofeedback
Advanced Theory and ApplicationsEdited by
- Thomas Budzynski, University of Washington School of Nursing, Department of Psychosocial & Community Health, Seattle, WA, USA
- Helen Budzynski, University of Washington School of Nursing, Department of Psychosocial & Community Health, Seattle, WA, USA
- James Evans, University of South Carolina, Department of Psychology, Columbia, USA
- Andrew Abarbanel, Private clinical practice, Aptos, CA, USA
The study of Quantitative EEGs and Neurofeedback offer a window into brain physiology and function via computer and statistical analyses, suggesting innovative approaches to the improvement of attention, anxiety, mood and behavior. Resources for understanding what QEEG and Neurofeedback is, how they are used, and to what disorders and patients they can be applied are scarce, and this volume serves as an ideal tool for clinical researchers and practicing clinicians, providing a broad overview of the most interesting topics relating to the techniques. The revised coverage of advancements, new applications (e.g. Aspberger's, music therapy, LORETA, etc.), and combinations of prior approaches make the second edition a necessary companion to the first. The top scholars in the field have been enlisted and contributions will offer both the breadth needed for an introductory scholar and the depth desired by a clinical professional.
Neuropsychologists, clinical psychology practitioners and researchers, advanced neuroscience students, neurologists and psychiatrists.
Hardbound, 528 Pages
Published: December 2008
Imprint: Academic Press
- Section I: An Overview1. Neurofeedback: The Frequency Domain Route to HealthSection II: Advancements in QEEG and Related Neurofeedback Practices2. Advanced Practice of Neurofeedback using Quantitative EEG3. Recent Advances in Quantitative EEG4. Diagnosing and Treating Brain Dysfunctioning through the use of the LORETA5. QEEG and Traumatic Brain Injuries6. Neurofeedback Training Utilizing Real Time Z-ScoresSection III: Alternative/Supplementary EEG Treatment Approaches to Neurofeedback7. Supplementing Neurofeedback with Audio-visual Entrainment/Disentrainment8. Neurotherapy in the Multimodality Intervention: Creating a TreatmentTree for Severe Cases9. "Brain Music" Treatment: A Brain/EEG/Music Interface10. Hemoencephalography: Lighting Up Your BrainSection IV: Recent Clinical Applications of Neurofeedback to Specific Disorders11. Neurofeedback for Treatment of Depression: Current Status of TheoreticalIssues and Clinical Research12. Treatment of Attention Deficit Spectrum Disorders13. Aspberger's Syndrome Intervention: Combining Neurofeedback, Biofeedback and Metacognition14. Reactive Attachment Disorder Treatment15. Understanding and Treating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: The EEG Perspective16. Neurofeedback in Pain Treatment17. Neurofeedback with Anxiety/Panic Disorders18. Neurofeedback in Alcohol and Drug DependenceSection V: Ethical/Legal Issues19. Ethical/Legal Issues in Neurofeedback