International Review of Research in Mental RetardationEdited by
- Laraine Glidden
- Marsha Seltzer
- Laraine Glidden
International Review of Research in Mental Retardation is an ongoing scholarly look at research into the causes, effects, classification systems, syndromes, etc. of mental retardation. Contributors come from wide-ranging perspectives, including genetics, psychology, education, and other health and behavioral sciences.
Volume 37 of the series focuses mainly on topics relating to parenting and families, including chapters on the transition to adulthood for individuals with intellectual disability, contrasts in parenting across early school-age children with developmental delays, parental contributions to communication development, and siblings of individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Academic researchers in developmental and cognitive psychology, as well as neuropsychology.
International Review of Research in Developmental Disabilities
Hardbound, 372 Pages
Published: November 2009
Imprint: Academic Press
1. Mothers and Fathers Together: Contrasts in Parenting across Preschool to Early School Age in Children with Developmental Delays
--Keith Crnic, Bruce Baker and Jan Blacher
2. The Transition to Adulthood for Individuals with Intellectual Disability
--Frank J. Floyd and Catherine L Costigan
3. By Choice or by Chance: Longitudinal Perspectives on Resilience and Vulnerability in Adoptive and Birth Parents of Children with Developmental Disabilities
--Laraine M. Glidden and Brian M.Jobe
4. A chapter in the Methodological and Sample Diversity Section
-- Eric Emerson and Chris Hatton
5. Using Large-Scale Administrative Databases To Examine Families of Children with Down Syndrome
-- Robert M. Hodapp and Richard C. Urbano
6. What do we know about families of persons with intellectual disabilities of Asian and Latin American descent?
-- Sandy MagaÃ±a and Subharati Ghosh
7. Biomarkers in the Study of Families of Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
-- Marsha Mailick Seltzer, Jan Greenberg and Leonard Abbeduto
8. Siblings of Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
-- Zolinda Stoneman and
9. Family Support Interventions for Families of Adults with Intellectual Disabilities
-- Tamar Heller and John Kramer
10. Parental Contributions to Communication Development in Children with Developmental Disabilities
-- Alacia Trent Stainbrook and Ann P. Kaiser
11. A Review of Primary and Secondary Effects of Interventions Aimed at Increasing Responsivity in Parents of Children with Disabilities
-- Nancy Brady, Steven F. Warren and Audra Sterling