Intermediary Nitrogen MetabolismEditor-in-Chief:
- P. Michael Conn, Oregon Regional Primate Research Center, Beaverton, USA
- Walter Stumpf, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and Chugai Pharmaceutical Company, Ltd.
- B. Miflin, Seeds Research and Development, CIBA-GEIGY, Basel, Switzerland
- Peter Lea, Institute of Environmental and Biological Sciences, Lancaster University, U.K.
This volume covers the most significant advances of the last ten years in understanding intermediary nitrogen metabolism in plants. The eight chapters comprise aspects of nitrate and nitrogen assimilation, symbiotic nitrogen fixation, glutamine and glutamate enzymology, amino acid biosynthesis, ureides, and polyamine and sulfur metabolism. The volume emphasizes molecular and genetic advances as well as biochemistry and physiology. Intermediary Nitrogen Metabolism will be of interest to all plant biochemists and molecular geneticists who study nitrogen metabolism, enzymology, and amino acids.
Researchers, students, and lecturers in plant biochemistry, plant physiology, botany, plant molecular biology, and genetics. University, government, and industry laboratories and libraries.
Hardbound, 402 Pages
Published: January 1991
Imprint: Academic Press
"As a reference work for researchers and teachers, this volume should be a workhorse. The individual reviews are surprisingly well crafted, most of them efficiently summarizing information in tables and figures... A high standard of both style and content is maintained throughout the volume, making this a research and teaching reference worth having. This volume should provide plant biologists with a useful variety of reviews, graduate level instructors with a good overview of advanced topics, and all observers of plant biology with a high level of optimism
"The Biochemistry of Plants is a valuable, comprehensive and much needed series."
"An indispensable aid.
"[A] highly recommendable source of information... a valuable addition to any scientific library.
--TRENDS IN BIOCHEMICAL SCIENCES
"This book can be recommended to the practicing scientist as... useful and well-written.
- J.S. Pate and D.B. Layzell, Energetics and Biological Costs of Nitrogen Assimilation.C.P. Vance, Symbiotic Nitrogen Fixation: Recent Genetic Advances.A. Kleinhofs and R.L. Warner, Recent Advances in Nitrate Assimilation.P.J. Lea, S.A. Robinson, and G.R. Stewart, The Enzymology and Metabolism of Glutamine and Glutamate.J.K. Bryan, Recent Advances in the Biochemistry of Amino Acid Biosynthesis.K.R. Schubert and M.J. Boland, The Ureides.A.F. Tiburcio, R. Kaur-Sawhney, Sr., and A.W. Galston, Polyamine Metabolism.J.W. Anderson, Sulfur Metabolism in Plants.Each chapter includes references.Index.