Integrative Plant BiochemistryEdited by
- John Romeo, Department of Biology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
The publication of this volume marks the 40th anniversary of the Recent Advances in Phytochemistry series which has essentially documented a history of the origins of Phytochemistry. The 45th annual meeting of the Phytochemical Society of North America (PSNA) was held July 13-August 3, 2005 in La Jolla, California, USA. The meeting was hosted by the Salk Institute for Biological Studies. The theme of the meeting was Integrative Plant Biochemistry as we Approach 2010. The focus was "to celebrate the past accomplishments of the PSNA and its focus, the growing importance of phytochemistry and plant biochemistry to the public, and to set a course for the future, by linking the past with the present and attracting a wider breath of scientists and disciplines to the society."Integrative Plant Biochemistry summarizes a number of important methodological approaches and innovative techniques that were discussed at the meeting. * Biosynthesis and Regulation of Signaling Molecules* Conservation and Divergence in Enzyme Function* Translational Opportunities in Plant Biochemistry* Temporal and Spatial Regulation of Metabolism* Lipids, Fatty Acids and Related Molecules* Metabolic NetworksEach chapter in this volume concludes with a short summary and addresses the expected future directions of the work. The series marks the transition and progression of the dramatic integration of classical phytochemistry into molecular plant biology.
Scientists, phytochemists, plant biochemists and chemical ecologists
Recent Advances in Phytochemistry
Hardbound, 346 Pages
- 1. Terpene Indole Alkaloid Biosynthesis (S.E. O'Connor, E. McCoy).
2. Pathways to Diverse Ergot Alkaloid Profiles in Fungi (D.G. Panaccione et al.).
3. Compartmentalization of Plant Secondary Metabolism (Nailish Samanani, P.J. Facchini).
4. Comparative Genomics of the Shikimate Pathway in Arabidopsis, Populus trichocarpa and Oryza sativa: Shikimate Pathway Gene Family Structure and Identification of Candidates for Missing Links in Pehnylalanine Biosynthesis (B. Hamberger et al.).
5. Tomato Glandular Trichomes as a Model System for Exploring Evolution of Specialized Metabolism in a Single Cell (E. Fridman et al.).
6. Anacardic Acid Biosynthesis and Bioactivity (D.J. Schultz et al.).
7. Molecular and Biochemical Investigations of Sorgoleone Biosynthesis (D. Cook et al.).
8. Biosynthesis of Terpenophenolic Metabolites in Hop and Cannabis (J.E. Page, J. Nagel).
9. Engineering Pathway Enzymes to Understand the Function and Evolution of Sterol Structure and Activity (Pruthvi Jayasimha et al.).
10. Methylation and Demethylation of Plant Signaling Molecules (Yue Yang et al.).
11. Recent Advances in Auxin Biosynthesis and Conjugation (A. Kei Bowers, Yunde Zhao).
12. Auxin Biology and Biosynthesis (J. Calio et al.).
13. Translational Opportunities in Plant Biochemistry (C.A. McIntosh).