- Linda Holbeche, Research and Policy Director, Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD), UK
These are just some of the questions addressed by Linda Holbeche in her latest book.
HR leadership is a rapidly evolving concept. It is as much a mindset, philosophy and set of capabilities as a role. HR Leadership draws on the personal experiences of some of today’s most talented HR professionals who, through their leadership, are making a real difference to their organisations, no matter what industry they work in. Holbeche looks at the experiences which shaped them and the values and priorities which drive them.
The book contains:
• Revealing interviews with Senior HR leaders from Google, McDonald’s, the UK’s National Policing Improvement Agency and other major organisations, offering insights into their own career development
• An overview of the capabilities needed for success as an HR leader and suggestions about how to develop these
• Practical illustrations from leading companies, demonstrate how effective HR leaders play a driving role in building healthy and effective organisations to offer competitive edge
HR Leadership illustrates to business managers what effective HR looks like at its best. Its well-informed and practical advice make this book a must-read for anyone wanting to develop their career as an HR leader.
- Published: November 2009
- Imprint: BUTTERWORTH HEINEMANN
- ISBN: 978-0-7506-8173-5