Household Service Robotics
- Yangsheng Xu, Professor, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Huihuan Qian, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Xinyu Wu, Shenzhen Institute of Advanced Technology
Household Service Robotics is a collection of the latest technological advances in household service robotics in five main areas: robot systems, manipulation, navigation, object recognition, and human-robot interaction. The book enables readers to understand development s and apply them to their own working areas, including:
- Robotic technologies for assisted living and elderly care
- Domestic cleaning automation
- Household surveillance
- Guiding systems for public spaces
Service robotics is a highly multidisciplinary field, requiring a holistic approach. This handbook provides insights to the disciplines involved in the field as well as advanced methods and techniques that enable the scale-up of theory to actual systems. It includes coverage of functionalities such as vision systems, location control, and HCI, which are important in domestic settings.
Engineers and researchers working on robotics, automation, control, computer vision and robotic systems development.