Hormones and SignalingEdited by
- Lutz Birnbaumer, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, U.S.A.
- James Darnell, Rockefeller University, New York, U.S.A.
- Ronald Evans, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California, U.S.A.
- Tony Hunter, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California, USA
- Anthony Means, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, U.S.A.
- Vale Wylie, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California, U.S.A.
- Bert O'Malley, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Hormones and Signaling focuses on the mechanism of gene regulation at the cellular level. It also covers the way hormones act to modulate gene regulation and animal development.
Researchers and students in endocrinology, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, and pharmacology.
Hardbound, 364 Pages
Published: November 1997
Imprint: Academic Press
"The editors and contributors are all well-known leaders in their disciplines. I enjoyed reading this book and I am sure that I will use it often as a reference tool. Chapters are generally well-written, interesting, and comprehensive... I look forward to future volumes in the series... I recommend this book as a valuable reference tool for all interested in endocrine signaling pathways."
--TRENDS IN ENDOCRINOLOGY AND METABOLISM
"...it fills a particular niche by providing a rapid update on specialized aspects of the challenging field of regulatory biology."
- E.B. Thompson, Glucocorticoid and Oxysterol-induces Apoptosis of Lymphoid Cells.A.M. Schmidt, J-L. Wautier, D.M. Stern, and S.D. Yun, RAGE: A Receptor with a Taste for Multiple Ligands and Varied Pathophysiologic States.R.J. Lefkowitz and A.D. Macrae, The Function and Regulation of the G Protein-Coupled Receptor Kinases.G. Kuiper, S. Nilsson, and J-A. Gustafsson, Characteristics and Function of the Novel Estrogen Receptor beta.M.E. Lippman and C.Tang, EGF Family Receptors and Their Ligands in Human Cancer.D.L. Garbers and T.A. Quill, Fertilization: Common Molecular Signaling Pathways Across the Species.A. Minden and M. Karin, The JNK Family of MAP Kinases: Regulation and Function.P. Devchand and W. Wahli, PPAR alpha: Tempting Fate with Fat.S.R. Datta and M.E. Greenberg, Molecular Mechanisms of Neuronal Survival and Apoptosis.D.J. Mangelsdorf and P.J. Willy, Nuclear Orphan Receptors: The Search for Novel Ligands and Signaling Pathways.