Hormones and Reproduction of Vertebrates - Vol 5
- David Norris, Professor of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
- Kristin Lopez, Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
This series of volumes represents a comprehensive and integrated treatment of reproduction in vertebrates from fishes of all sorts through mammals. It is designed to provide a readable, coordinated description of reproductive basics in each group of vertebrates as well as an introduction to the latest trends in reproductive research and our understanding of reproductive events. Whereas each chapter and each volume is intended to stand alone as a review of that topic or vertebrate group, respectively, the volumes are prepared so as to provide a thorough topical treatment across the vertebrates. Terminology has been standardized across the volumes to reduce confusion where multiple names exist in the literature, and a comprehensive glossary of these terms and their alternative names is provided.
Research and Post-Graduate scientists studying non-human vertebrate physiology, hormones and reproductive biology.
Reproductive Physiologists using animals as models for human reproductive research
Libraries and labs in vertebrate physiology, endocrinology and reproductive biology.
Hardbound, 400 Pages
Published: September 2010
Imprint: Academic Press
1. Sexual Differentiation of the Mammalian Brain
Desiree L. Krebs-Kraft and Margaret M. Mc McCarthy2. Neuroendocrine Control of Gonadotropins in Mammals
Toni R. Pak and Wilson C.J. Chung
3. Endocrine and Paracrine Regulation of Mammalian SpermatogenesisZirkin, B.R., Brown, T.R., Jarow, J.P. and Wright, W.W.4. Hormonal Regulation of the Ovary in Mammals5. Hormones and Pregnancy in Eutherian Mammals
Fuller W. Bazer and Thomas E. Spencer
6. The Comparative Physiology of Parturition in Mammals: Hormones and Parturition in MammalsRoss Young, Marilyn B Renfree, Sam Mesiano, Geoff Shaw, Graham Jenkin and Roger Smith7. Stress and Reproduction in Mammals
8. Behavioral Neuroendocrinology of Reproduction: MammalsJin Ho Park and Emilie F. Rissman9. Pheromones and Reproduction in Mammals
10. Hormones and Reproductive Cycles in Prototherians and MetatheriansBronwyn M. McAllan11. Hormones and reproductive cycles in rodents
Karen L. Bales and Caroline M. Hostetler
12. Hormones and Reproductive Cycles in BatsAmitabh Krishna and Kunwar P. Bhatnagar13. Hormones and Reproductive Cycles in Primates
Wendy Saltzman, Suzette D. Tardif, and Julienne N. Rutherford
14. Endocrine Disruption of Reproduction in MammalsKatherine E. Pelch, Joseph M. Beeman, Bridget A. Niebruegge, Stacey R. Winkeler, and
Susan C. Nagel