Hormones and Reproduction of Vertebrates - Vol 4
- David Norris, Professor of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
- Kristin Lopez, Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
Research and Post-Graduate scientists studying non-human vertebrate physiology, hormones and reproductive biology. Animal ScientistsReproductive Physiologists using animals as models for human reproductive researchLibraries and labs in vertebrate physiology, endocrinology and reproductive biology.
- Published: September 2010
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-374929-1
Table of Contents
1. Neuroendocrine Control of Reproduction in Birds
Takayoshi Ubuka and George E. Bentley
2. Avian Testicular Structure, Function, and Regulation
Pierre Deviche, Laura L. Hurley, and H. Bobby Fokidis
3. Organization and Functional Dynamics of the Avian Ovary
4. Maternal Hormones in Avian Eggs
Nikolaus von Engelhardt and Ton G.G. Groothuis
5. Stress and Reproduction in Birds
Creagh W. Breuner
6. Hormonal Regulation of Avian Courtship and Mating Behaviors
Lauren V. Riters and Sarah J. Alger
7. Hormones and Regulation of Parental Behavior in Birds
Carol M. Vleck and David Vleck
8. Hormones in Migration and Reproductive Cycles of Birds
9. Endocrine Disruption of Reproduction in Birds
Mary Ann Ottinger, Karen Dean, and Moira McKernan , Michael J. Quinn, Jr.