Hormones and Reproduction of Vertebrates - Vol 3
- David Norris, Professor of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
- Kristin Lopez, Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
This series of volumes represents a comprehensive and integrated treatment of reproduction in vertebrates from fishes of all sorts through mammals. It is designed to provide a readable, coordinated description of reproductive basics in each group of vertebrates as well as an introduction to the latest trends in reproductive research and our understanding of reproductive events. Whereas each chapter and each volume is intended to stand alone as a review of that topic or vertebrate group, respectively, the volumes are prepared so as to provide a thorough topical treatment across the vertebrates. Terminology has been standardized across the volumes to reduce confusion where multiple names exist in the literature, and a comprehensive glossary of these terms and their alternative names is provided.
Research and Post-Graduate scientists studying non-human vertebrate physiology, hormones and reproductive biology.
Reproductive Physiologists using animals as models for human reproductive research
Libraries and labs in vertebrate physiology, endocrinology and reproductive biology.
Hardbound, 432 Pages
Published: September 2010
Imprint: Academic Press
1. Sex Determination in Reptiles
Daniel A. Warner2. Neuroendocrinology of Reptilian Reproductive Behavior
Michele A. Johnson and Juli Wade
3. Hormonal Regulation of Testicular Functions in ReptilesSunil Kumar, Brototi Roy, and Umesh Rai4. Hormonal Regulation of Ovarian Function in Reptiles
Susan M. Jones
5. Hormones and the Sex Ducts and Sex Accessory Structures of ReptilesDaniel H. Gist6. Pheromones and Reproduction in Reptiles
José Martín and Pilar López
7. Stress and Reproduction in ReptilesRichard R. Tokarz and Cliff H. Summers8. Hormones and Behavior of Reptiles
Barry Sinervo and Donald B. Miles
9. Viviparity in Reptiles: Evolution and Reproductive EndocrinologyLori C. Albergotti and Louis J. Guillette Jr.10. Hormones and Reproductive Cycles in Turtles
Gaëlle Blanvillain, David Wm. Owens, and Gerald Kuchling
11. Hormones and Reproductive Cycles in CrocodiliansMatthew R. Milnes12. Hormones and Reproductive Cycles in Lizards
Matthew B. Lovern
13. Hormones and Reproductive Cycles in SnakesEmily N. Taylor and Dale F. DeNardo14. Actions of Endocrine Disrupting Contaminants in Reptiles
Ashley S. P. Boggs, Nicole L. Botteri, Heather J. Hamlin and Louis J. Guillette Jr.