Hormones and Reproduction of Vertebrates - Vol 2
- David Norris
- Kristin Lopez
This series of volumes represents a comprehensive and integrated treatment of reproduction in vertebrates from fishes of all sorts through mammals. It is designed to provide a readable, coordinated description of reproductive basics in each group of vertebrates as well as an introduction to the latest trends in reproductive research and our understanding of reproductive events. Whereas each chapter and each volume is intended to stand alone as a review of that topic or vertebrate group, respectively, the volumes are prepared so as to provide a thorough topical treatment across the vertebrates. Terminology has been standardized across the volumes to reduce confusion where multiple names exist in the literature, and a comprehensive glossary of these terms and their alternative names is provided.
Research and Post-Graduate scientists studying non-human vertebrate physiology, hormones and reproductive biology.
Reproductive Physiologists using animals as models for human reproductive research
Libraries and labs in vertebrate physiology, endocrinology and reproductive biology.
Hardbound, 240 Pages
Published: September 2010
Imprint: Academic Press
1. Sex Determination and Sexual Differentiation in Amphibians
Stéphane Flament, Dominique Chardard, Amand Chesnel, and Hélène Dumond2. Neuroendocrine Control of Reproduction in Amphibians
3. Testicular Structure and Control of Sperm Development in AmphibiansCatherine R. Propper4. Hormones and Female Reproductive System of Amphbians
Mari Carmen Uribe
5. Hormones, Sex Accessory Structures and Secondary Sexual Characters in AmphibiansDavid M. Sever and Nancy L. Staub6. Stress and Reproduction in Amphibians
James A. Carr
7. Maternal Adaptations to Reproductive Modes in AmphibiansHartmut Greven8. Hormones and Reproductive Behavior in Amphibians
Sarah K. Woodley
9. HORMONES AND REPRODUCTIVE CYCLES IN ANURAN AMPHIBIANSRakesh K. Rastogi, Claudia Pinelli, Gianluca Polese, Biagio DAniello, and Gabriella Chieffi-Baccari10. Hormones and Reproductive Patterns in Urodele and Gymnophionid Amphibians.
David O. Norris
11. Endocrine Disruption of Amphibian ReproductionDavid O. Norris and Elena M. Lopez