Hormones and Reproduction of Vertebrates - Vol 1
- David Norris, Professor of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
- Kristin Lopez, Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
This series of volumes represents a comprehensive and integrated treatment of reproduction in vertebrates from fishes of all sorts through mammals. It is designed to provide a readable, coordinated description of reproductive basics in each group of vertebrates as well as an introduction to the latest trends in reproductive research and our understanding of reproductive events. Whereas each chapter and each volume is intended to stand alone as a review of that topic or vertebrate group, respectively, the volumes are prepared so as to provide a thorough topical treatment across the vertebrates. Terminology has been standardized across the volumes to reduce confusion where multiple names exist in the literature, and a comprehensive glossary of these terms and their alternative names is provided.
Research and Post-Graduate scientists studying non-human vertebrate physiology, hormones and reproductive biology.
Reproductive Physiologists using animals as models for human reproductive research
Libraries and labs in vertebrate physiology, endocrinology and reproductive biology.
Hardbound, 288 Pages
Published: September 2010
Imprint: Academic Press
1. Sex Determination in Fishes
Bindhu Paul-Prasanth, Masaru Nakamura, and Yoshitaka Nagahama2. Conserved and Divergent Features of Reproductive Neuroendocrinology in Teleost Fishes
Olivier Kah and Sylvie Dufour
3. Testicular Function and Hormonal Regulation in FishesRosemary Knapp and Sharon L. Carlisle 4. Regulation of Ovarian Development and Function in Teleosts
R. Urbatzka, M.J. Rocha, and E. Rocha
5. Thyroid Hormone and Reproduction in FishesJason C. Raine6. Stress and Reproduction
Meghan L.M. Fuzzen, Nicholas J. Bernier and Glen Van Der Kraak
7. Hormones and Sexual Behavior of Teleost FishesDavid M. Gonçalves and Rui F. Oliveira8. Neuroendocrine Regulation in Sex-changing Fishes
Earl T. Larson
9. Hormonally-derived Sex Pheromones in FishesNorm Stacey10. Reproduction in Agnathan Fishes: Lampreys and Hagfishes
Stacia A. Sower and Hiroshi Kawauchi
11. Hormones and Reproduction in Chondrichthyan FishesKaren P. Maruska and James Gelsleichter12. Hormones and Reproduction of Sarcopterygian Fishes
Jean M.P. Joss
13. Endocrine-active Chemicals (EACs) in FishesAlan Milan Vajda