Heterogeneous Catalysis and Fine Chemicals IV
- H.U. Blaser, Ciba-Geigy AG, CH-4002 Basel, Switzerland
- A. Baiker, ETH Zurich, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
- R. Prins, ETH Zurich, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland
After three meetings in Poitiers, France, the 4th International Symposium on Heterogeneous Catalysis and Fine Chemicals was held under the auspices of the New Swiss Chemical Society in Basel, Switzerland. Fundamental as well as applied contributions on the use of heterogeneous catalysis for the preparation of fine chemicals were presented and discussed.
The program consisted of 4 plenary lectures, 28 oral contributions and around 90 posters covering a broad range of reactions and catalytic aspects. 82 of these contributions are collected in the present proceedings, grouped into the following 8 topical areas:
- Industrial and engineering problems (7 contributions)
- Alkylation and acylation reactions (11 contributions)- Enantio- and diastereoselective hydrogenation reactions (9 contributions)
- Chemoselective hydrogenation reactions (12 contributions)- Oxidation reactions (14 contributions)
- Immobilized and encapsulated complex catalysts (12 contributions)- Zeolite and clay catalysts (12 contributions)- Miscellaneous topics (5 contributions)
For academic scientists and those working in industry.
- Published: June 1997
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-444-82390-8