Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery - Print and E-Book
A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
- O. James Garden, BS MB ChB MD FRCS(Glas) FRCS(Ed) FRCP(Ed) FRACS(Hon) FRCScan(Hon), Regius Professor of Clinical Surgery, Clinical Surgery, University of Edinburgh; Honorary Consultant Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK.
- Rowan W Parks, MB GCh BAO MD FRCSI FRCS(Ed), Professor of Surgical Sciences, Clinical Surgery, University of Edinburgh; Honorary Consultant Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
- Higher surgical trainees preparing for their final examinations.
- Surgical residents preparing for the board exams in specific specialties.
- Busy surgeons in practice who wish to keep up-to-date with the latest developments and evidence-based practice in their specialty.
- Published: August 2013
- Imprint: SAUNDERS
- ISBN: 978-0-7020-4961-3
"This is an updated edition on hepato-pancreato-biliary (HPB) surgery in a series of well-written and well-referenced books.
This book is a concise, useful and up to date source of information for speciality registrars and practising consultants in the field of hepato-pancreatico-biliary surgery. It might be particularly useful for junior trainees with little or no HPB exposure who wish to come up to speed quickly with the sub-speciality." Reviewed by: Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Date: Nov 2014
Table of Contents• Liver function and failure
• Hepatic, biliary and pancreatic anatomy
• Laparoscopy in staging and assessment of hepatobiliary disease
• Benign liver lesions
• Primary malignant tumours of the liver
• Colorectal liver metastases
• Non-colorectal hepatic metastases
• Portal hypertension
• The spleen
• Benign biliary tract diseases
• Malignant lesions of the biliary tract
• Acute pancreatitis
• Chronic pancreatitis
• Pancreatic adenocarcinoma
• Non-adenocarcinoma of the pancreas
• Hepatobiliary and pancreatic trauma