Handbook of Transfusion Medicine
- Christopher Hillyer, Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
- Krista Hillyer, Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A.
- Frank Strobl, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, U.S.A.
- Leigh Jefferies, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, U.S.A.
- Leslie Silberstein, Harvard University, School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Handbook of Transfusion Medicine is unique in that it provides a comprehensive and practical description of all blood products and blood cell types currently used in transfusions, their appropriate applications, pathophysiology of conditions managed by transfusion, and pathophysiology of adverse reactions. Each chapter follows a standard format including numerous tables and algorithms, with summary elements highlighted throughout by a second-color for quick reference.
Hematology and oncology fellows and practitioners, surgeons, and anethesiologists.