Handbook of Green Information and Communication Systems
- Mohammad Obaidat, Monmouth University, USA
- Alagan Anpalagan, Ryerson University, Canada
- Isaac Woungang, Ryerson University, Canada
This book gives a comprehensive guide on the fundamental concepts, applications, algorithms, protocols, new trends and challenges, and research results in the area of Green Information and Communications Systems. It is an invaluable resource giving knowledge on the core and specialized issues in the field, making it highly suitable for both the new and experienced researcher in this area.
- Core research topics of green information and communication systems are covered from a network design perspective, giving both theoretical and practical perspectives
- Provides a unified covering of otherwise disperse selected topics on green computing, information, communication and networking
- Includes a set of downloadable PowerPoint slides and glossary of terms for each chapter
- A âwhose-whoâ of international contributors
- Extensive bibliography for enhancing further knowledge
Coverage includes:Smart grid technologies and communications Spectrum management Cognitive and autonomous radio systems Computing and communication architectures Data centres Distributed networking Cloud computing Next generation wireless communication systems 4G access networking Optical core networks Cooperation transmission Security and privacy
Practitioners and researchers working in the areas of green communications, green computing, green networking, and green innovative applications. University graduates and senior undergraduates.