Handbook of Differential Equations:Stationary Partial Differential Equations
- Michel Chipot, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Pavol Quittner, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia.
A collection of self contained, state-of-the-art surveys. The authors have made an effort to achieve readability for mathematicians and scientists from other fields, for this series of handbooks to be a new reference for research, learning and teaching.
Partial differential equations represent one of the most rapidly developing topics in mathematics. This is due to their numerous applications in science and engineering on the one hand and to the challenge and beauty of associated mathematical problems on the other.
- Self-contained volume in series covering one of the most rapid developing topics in mathematics.
- 7 Chapters, enriched with numerous figures originating from numerical simulations.
- Written by well known experts in the field.
Graduate students and academics.