Global HIV/AIDS Medicine
- Paul Volberding, MD, Professor and Vice-Chair of Medicine, UCSF; Chief, Medical Service, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center; Co-Director, UCSF-GIVI Center for AIDS Research, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Merle Sande, MD, Professor, Department of Medicine, Co-Chair of the Academic Alliance for AIDS Care in Africa, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Joep Lange, MD, Professor of Medicine; Global Health; Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam; Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development; Amsterdam; The Netherlands
- Warner Greene, MD, PhD, Director, Gladstone Institute of Virology and Immunology, University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Joel Gallant, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology;Associate Director, Johns Hopkins AIDS Service;Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine;Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine;Baltimore, MD, USA
HIV/AIDS management poses many different challenges around the world, and the therapies available in the West are often not economically feasible in developing countries. This new book is the first to address the myriad of clinical difficulties faced by health practitioners worldwide in managing HIV/AIDS. Edited by the same authorities responsible for the highly respected reference "The Medical Management of AIDS," with Associate Editors that include the President of the International AIDS Society and a preeminent opinion leader in the fight against AIDS in Africa, and authored by a "who's who" of current global experts on HIV and AIDS medicine, this visionary text presents all the practical, indispensable information that clinicians everywhere need to offer their patients the best possible care.
Infectious Disease Specialists