Genetically Modified Food Sources
Safety Assessment and ControlEdited by
- Victor Tutelyan
Genetically Modified Food Sources reports detailed results of studies on the medical and biological safety of 14 species of genetically modified plant-derived organisms (GMOs). The authors focus on issues in GMO production and world output, specifically the basic legislative regulations of modern biotechnology in the Russian Federation. Also covered are international approaches to the medical and biological assessment of safety and control of the food produced from genetically modified organisms. A special chapter is devoted to the problem of informational coverage of novel biological technologies.
Previously available only in a 2007 Russian-language edition published by the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, this English translation has been completely revised and updated to include the latest developments in regulations and human and animal safety assessment practices.
The book is addressed to a wide community of specialists working in the fields of food science, plant genetics, and food safety as well as medicine and biology. Students and postgraduates focusing on the problems of modern biotechnology and biological safety will find it a valuable guide to these topics.
Plant scientists studying genetically modified crops; agricultural engineers; agronomists; researchers; food scientists; food safety professionals; industrialists; lawyers; students; regulators
Hardbound, 362 Pages
Published: May 2013
Imprint: Academic Press
"Description of the current regulations for plant biotechnology in Russia, together with the results of the safety assessment and monitoring of the food produced from GM plants makes this book a valuable source of information."-- FST Magazine,November 2013 " The description of the current standards for biotechnology plant in Russia , next the results of assessments safety and control food produced with GM makes the text a useful source of information."-- Industrie Alimentari (Food Industry),September 2013 "Researchers from the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow State University, and other Russian institutions report detailed raw data and conclusions of studies on human food and animal feed safety assessment of 15 lines of genetically modified plantsâ¦Students, researchers, regulators, and practitioners in food and feed safety should appreciate the information."-- Reference and Research Book News,August 2013
- Fundamental Concepts of Development of Genetically Engineered Plants
- World Production of Genetically Engineered Crops
- Legislation and Regulation of Production of Sales of Food Derived from Genetically Modified Plants in the Russian Federation
- Principles of Human Health Safety Assessment of Plant GMO used in the Russian Federation
- Human and Animal Safety Assessment of Genetically Modified Plants
- Control System of Food Products Derived from Genetically Modified Organisms of Plant Origin
- Monitoring of Food Products Derived from Genetically Modified Organisms of Plant Origin in the Russian Federation
- Information Service for the Use of Novel Biotechnologies in Food Industry