1) Introduction (H. Lyklema).
Intro to volumes IV and V, definitions, history.
2) Preparation and characterization (A. Philipse).
Methods of synthesis, precipitation reactions, nucleation and growth, size control and dispersity, characterization, recipes.
3) Pair interactions (H. Lyklema).
Gibbs energies of interaction and disjoining pressures under various conditions and geometries. DLVO and DLVOE. Hetero-interaction, external fields, magnetic colloids, non-aqueous systems, experimental techniques, case studies.
4) Dynamics and kinetics (H. van Leeuwen, M. Minor).
Diffusion, Brownian motion, coagulation kinetics, electrodynamics of pair inteaction, relaxation phenomena.
5) Concentrated colloids (A. Vrij, R. Tuinier).
Osmotic equilibria, structure factors and correlation functions, hard sphere and soft sphere models, phase stability and phase transitions.
6) Rheology (T. van Vliet, H. Lyklema).
Flow and deformation, descrptive and structure-based rheology, dynamics, yield stress, experimental techniques, viscosity of colloids and polymers, gels.
(i) Symbol list.
(ii) Appendices (A. Philipse, H. Lyklema).
Size distributions, interaction formulas, Hamaker constants.
(iii) Cumulative subject index volumes I through (V. Hans Lyklema).