Fundamentals of Complementary and Alternative MedicineBy
- Marc Micozzi
- Marc Micozzi
Focusing on emerging therapies and those best supported by clinical trials and scientific evidence, Fundamentals of Complementary and Alternative Medicine describes some of the most prevalent and the fastest-growing CAM therapies in use today. Prominent author Dr. Marc Micozzi provides a complete overview of CAM, creating a solid foundation and context for therapies in current practice. Coverage of systems and therapies includes mind, body, and spirit; traditional Western healing; and traditional ethnomedical systems from around the world. Discussions include homeopathy, massage and manual therapies, chiropractic, a revised chapter on osteopathy, herbal medicine, aromatherapy, naturopathic medicine, and nutrition and hydration. With its wide range of topics, this is the ideal CAM reference for both students and practitioners!
Hardbound, 624 Pages
Published: April 2010
Section One: Foundations
- Characteristics of Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Translation from Conventional Medicine
- Issues in Integrative Medicine
- Ecological Pharmacology NEW!
- Social and Cultural Factors in Medicine
- Mind-Body Thought and Practice in Early and Late America NEW!
- Neurohumoral Physiology and PNI
- Mind-Body Modalities
- Energy Medicine NEW!
- Biophysical Devices: Electricity, Light and Magnetism
- The Arts in Medicine
- Creative and Expressive Therapies NEW!
- Principles of Bodywork: Manual and Manipulative Therapies NEW!
- Massage and Touch Therapies NEW!
- Reflexology NEW!
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Western Herbalism, with Appendix: Common Herbs in Clinical Practice
- Nutrition & Hydration NEW! Section Five: Traditional Ethnomedical Systems: Asia
- Traditional Medicine of China, with Appendix: Chinese Herbs
- Acupuncture NEW!
- Qi Gong
- Tibetan Medicine
- Traditional Medicine of India: Ayur Veda & Siddha NEW!
- Unani Medicine NEW!
- Contemporary Ayur Veda NEW!
- Sufism and Rapid Healing
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems-Southern African Healing
- Native American Healing, with Appendix: Native American Herbs
- South American Spiritism NEW!
- Latin American Curanderismo
- Global Perspectives NEW!
Section Two: Mind, Body and Spirit
Section Three: Manual Therapies
Section Four: Alternative Western Therapies
Section Six: Traditional Ethnomedical Systems: Africa and the Americas