Fuels of Opportunity: Characteristics and Uses In Combustion Systems
- David Tillman, Easton, USA
- N. Harding, NS Harding & Associates, Salt Lake City, USA
As electricity generators and process industries are increasingly seeking less expensive fuels for the generation of electricity and process heat, there is an ever-increasing industry-led emphasise on exploring the possibility of utilising opportunity fuels. This book considers a diverse range of opportunity fuels and their application by addressing the following fundamental issues:
* What are the specific fuel properties of these opportunity fuels?
* What are the combustion/conversion characteristics of these fuels fired alone or in combination with conventional fossil fuels?
* How are they best applied in energy settings?
* What are the technical and environmental consequences of their use?
In considering these fuels the book presents detailed updated information on fuel characterization approaches and fuel utilization technologies.
Mechanical and chemical engineers involved in energy generation/energy use and fuel specialists
- Published: January 2004
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-08-044162-7