Frontiers of Molecular Spectroscopy
- Jaan Laane, Texas A&M University, Department of Chemistry, USA
This book is suitable for researchers, students and scientists.
- Published: September 2008
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-444-53175-9
Table of ContentsPreface.
1. Old spectroscopists forget a lot but they do remember their lines (H. Kroto).
2. Frontiers of linear and non-linear Raman spectroscopy : From a molecule to a living cell (H-o. Hamaguchi).
3. Structure and dynamics of high Rydberg states studied by high-resolution spectroscopy and multichannel quantum defect theory (M. Schäfer, F. Merkt).
4. Vibrational potential energy surfaces in electronic excited states (J. Laane).
5. Raman spectroscopy in art and archeology: A new light on historical mysteries (H.G.M. Edwards).
6. Real-time vibrational spectroscopy and ultrafast structural relaxation (T. Kobayashi).
7. Using coherent Raman spectroscopy to detect bacterial spores via optimized pulse configuration (D. Pestov, A.V. Sokolov, M.O. Scully).
8. High resolution Terahertz spectroscopy and applications to astrophysics (S. Schlemmer, et al).
9. Selective protein and nuclear acid detection with biofunctionalized SERS labels (S. Schlücker, W. Kiefer).
10. Surface-enhanced Raman scattering spectroscopy – electromagnetic mechanism and biomedical applications (T. Itoh, A. Sujith, Y. Ozaki).
11. Spectroscopy and broken symmetry (P.R. Bunker, P. Jensen).
12. Broadband modulation of light by coherent molecular oscillations (A.M. Burzo, A.V. Sokolov).
13. Generalized two-dimensional correlation spectroscopy (I. Noda).
14. Microwave spectroscopy: Experimental techniques (J-U. Grabow, W. Caminati).
15. Microwave spectroscopy: Molecular systems (W. Caminati and J-U. Grabow).
16. Raman spectroscopy of viruses and viral proteins (D.Nìmeèek, G.J. Thomas, Jr.).
17. Vibrational spectroscopy via inelastic neutron scattering (B.S. Hudson).
18. Optimal signal processing in cavity ring-down spectroscopy (K.Lehmann, H. Huang).
19. Spectroscopy and dynamics of neutrals and ions by high-resolution IR-VUV laser photoionization and photoelectron methods (C-Y. Ng).