Forfar and Arneil's Textbook of PediatricsBy
- Neil McIntosh, Dsc(Med), FRCP(Edin), FRCP(Lond), FRCPCH, Professor of Child Life and Health, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
- Peter Helms, MBBS, PhD, FRCP(Edin), FRCPCH, Professor of Child Health, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
- Rosalind Smyth, MA, MBBS, MD, MRCP, DCH, FRCPCH, Brough Professor of Paediatric Medicine, University of Liverpool Institute of Child Health, Alder Hey Children's Hospital, Liverpool, UK
- Stuart Logan, MBChB, MSc(Epidemiology), MSc(Politics), MRCP, FRCPCH, Professor of Paediatric Epidemiology; Director, Institute of Health Service Research, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
This title is a complete, evidence-based reference of general pediatrics written by 150 experts from all over the world. The contents cover childrens health needs and problems in the developing as well as the developed world, with an emphasis on prevention as well as treatment. It is the ideal international reference source for pediatricians and family doctors throughout the world.
Paperback, 1808 Pages
Published: June 2008
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
- Section 1: Foundations for Health and Practice:
Evidence-based child health. Epidemiology of childhood disease developed countries. Epidemiology of childhood diseases. Health care delivery in resource limited settings. Preventive pediatrics. Child protection. Accidents, poisoning and SIDS. Developmental pediatrics. History, examination, basic investigation and procedures. Pediatric prescribing. Ethics.
Section 2: Perinatal/Neonatal Medicine:
Fetal medicine. The newborn. Infant feeding.
Section 3: The Specialties:
Genetics. Endocrine gland disorders and disorders of growth and puberty. Nutrition. Fluid, electrolyte and acid-base disturbances. Disorders of the urinary system. Disorders of the alimentary tract and liver. Respiratory disorders. Cardiovascular disease. Neurology. Disorders of the blood and bone marrow. Oncology. Gynecological diseases. Inborn errors of metabolism. Immunodeficiency. Infections. Disorders of bones, joints and connective tissue. Disorders of the skin. Disorders of the eye. Disorders of the ear, nose and throat. Allergic disorders. Psychiatric disorders in childhood. Adolescent medicine. Emergency care. Surgical pediatrics. Pain and palliative care.
Section 4: Appendices and index: