FinFET Modeling for IC Simulation and Design
Using the BSIM-CMG Standard
- Yogesh Chauhan, Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, India
- Darsen Duane Lu, Research Scientist, IBM Research.
- Vanugopalan Sriramkumar, Samsung Electronics
- Sourabh Khandelwal, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Juan Duarte
- Navid Payvadosi, Device Engineer, Intel Corp., Oregon, USA
- Ai Niknejad, Professor in the EECS department at UC Berkeley, USA.
- Chenming Hu, Professor Emeritus at University of California at Berkeley, CA, USA
This book is the first to explain FinFET modeling for IC simulation and the industry standard - BSIM-CMG - describing the rush in demand for advancing the technology from planar to 3D architecture, as now enabled by the approved industry standard.
The book gives a strong foundation on the physics and operation of FinFET, details aspects of the BSIM-CMG model such as surface potential, charge and current calculations, and includes a dedicated chapter on parameter extraction procedures, providing a step-by-step approach for the efficient extraction of model parameters.
With this book you will learn:
- Why you should use FinFET
- The physics and operation of FinFET
- Details of the FinFET standard model (BSIM-CMG)
- Parameter extraction in BSIM-CMG
- FinFET circuit design and simulation
Device modelers, circuit designers