A Practitioner's Guide to TreatmentBy
- Leon Chaitow
Designed for anyone involved in the management of musculoskeletal pain, this practical guide to fibromyalgia syndrome and its treatment provides a multidisciplinary perspective on this multifaceted and frequently encountered syndrome. The updated and expanded 2nd edition rapidly distills contemporary research on the subject and relates it specifically to the problems of assessment, diagnosis, and management.
Published: September 2003
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
- 1. The history and definition of fibromyalgia
2. Fibromyalgia's symptom patterns: Causes or effects?
3. Conditions associated with fibromyalgia
4. The causes of fibromyalgia: various hypotheses explored
5. Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia compared
6. Acupuncture treatment of fibromyalgia and myofascial pain
7. Interdisciplinary pain management in fibromyalgia
8. Differential diagnosis: myofascial pain syndrome.
9. Microcurrent therapy in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
10. The metabolic rehabilitation of fibromyalgia patients
11. Integration: what seems to be helping?
12. Fibromyalgia: treating associated conditions
13. Bodywork approaches to fibromyalgia
14. A fibromyalgia protocol
15. Strain/counterstrain self-treatment for some FMS tender points
Appendix: Keeping a record