A Practitioner's Guide to Treatment
- Leon Chaitow, ND, DO (UK), Registered Osteopath and Naturopath; Honorary Fellow and Former Senior Lecturer, School of Life Sciences, University of Westminster, London, UK; Fellow, British Naturopathic Association.; Fellow, College of Osteopaths, UK
- Published: September 2003
- Imprint: CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- ISBN: 978-0-443-07219-2
Table of Contents1. The history and definition of fibromyalgia
2. Fibromyalgia's symptom patterns: Causes or effects?
3. Conditions associated with fibromyalgia
4. The causes of fibromyalgia: various hypotheses explored
5. Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia compared
6. Acupuncture treatment of fibromyalgia and myofascial pain
7. Interdisciplinary pain management in fibromyalgia
8. Differential diagnosis: myofascial pain syndrome.
9. Microcurrent therapy in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
10. The metabolic rehabilitation of fibromyalgia patients
11. Integration: what seems to be helping?
12. Fibromyalgia: treating associated conditions
13. Bodywork approaches to fibromyalgia
14. A fibromyalgia protocol
15. Strain/counterstrain self-treatment for some FMS tender points
Appendix: Keeping a record