Feature Extraction & Image Processing for Computer Vision
- Mark Nixon, Professor of Electronics and Computer Science at the University of Southampton, UK.
This book is an essential guide to the implementation of image processing and computer vision techniques, with tutorial introductions and sample code in Matlab. Algorithms are presented and fully explained to enable complete understanding of the methods and techniques demonstrated. As one reviewer noted, "The main strength of the proposed book is the exemplar code of the algorithms."
Fully updated with the latest developments in feature extraction, including expanded tutorials and new techniques, this new edition contains extensive new material on Haar wavelets, Viola-Jones, bilateral filtering, SURF, PCA-SIFT, moving object detection and tracking, development of symmetry operators, LBP texture analysis, Adaboost, and a new appendix on color models. Coverage of distance measures, feature detectors, wavelets, level sets and texture tutorials has been extended.
AudienceUniversity researchers, Research & Development engineers, graduate students.
- Published: August 2012
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-396549-3
Table of Contents
2. Images, Sampling and Frequency Domain Processing
3. Basic Image Processing Operations
4. Low-Level Feature Extraction (including Edge Detection)
5. High-Level Feature Extraction: Fixed Shape Matching
6. High-Level Feature Extraction: Deformable Shape Analysis
7. Object Description
8. Introduction to Texture Description, Segmentation and Classification
9. Moving Object Detection and Description
10. Appendix 1: Camera Geometry Fundamentals
11. Appendix 2: Least Squares Analysis
12. Appendix 3: Principal Components Analysis
13. Appendix 4: Colour Images