Expression of Recombinant Genes in Eukaryotic Systems, 306
- John Abelson, California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, U.S.A.
- Melvin Simon, California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, U.S.A.
- Joseph Glorioso, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
- Martin Schmidt, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Biochemists, geneticists, molecular biologists, genetic engineers, biotechnologists, microbiologists, biomedical researchers, immunologists, and virologists.
Methods in Enzymology
Published: July 1999
Imprint: Academic Press
"The Methods in Enzymology series represents the gold-standard."
Praise for the Series, --NEUROSCIENCE
"It is a true 'methods' series, including almost every detail from basic theory to sources of equipment and reagents, with timely documentation provided on each page."
"The series has been following the growing, changing and creation of new areas of science. It should be on the shelves of all libraries in the world as a whole collection."
--CHEMISTRY IN INDUSTRY
"The appearance of another volume in that excellent series, Methods in Enzymology, is always a cause for appreciation for those who wish to successfully carry out a particular technique or prepare an enzyme or metabolic intermediate without the tiresome prospect of searching through unfamiliar literature and perhaps selecting an unproven method which is not easily reproduced."
--AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MICROBIOLOGY NEWS
"If we had some way to find the work most often consulted in the laboratory, it could well be the multi-volume series Methods in Enzymology...a great work."
"A series that has established itself as a definitive reference for biochemists."
--JOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY
- Analysis of Gene Expression:E.A. Winzeler, M. Schena, and R.W. Davis, Fluorescence-Based Expression Monitoring Using Microarrays.S. Geisse and H.P. Kocher, Protein Expression in Mammalian and Insect Cell Systems.S. Fiering, M.A. Bender, and M. Groudine, Analysis of Mammalian Cis-Regulatory DNA Elements by Homologous Recombination.M.W. Sornson and M.G. Rosenfeld, GDRDA-Based Positional Cloning and Snorthern Analysis of Candidate Genes.Gene Expression Systems for Functional Analysis:B. Zhang, B. Kraemer, D. SenGupta, S. Fields, and M. Wickens, Yeast Three-Hybrid System to Detect and Analyze Interactions Between RNA and Protein.L.R. Manning, A. Dumoulin, W.T. Jenkins, R.M. Winslow, and J.M. Manning, Estimating Subunit Dissociation Constants in Natural and Recombinant Proteins.P.P. D'Avino and C.S. Thummel, Ectopic Expression Systems in Drosophila.Yeast Expression Systems:S. LabbÃ© and D.J. Thiele, Copper Ion Inducible and Repressible Promoter Systems in Yeast.S.A. Rosenfeld, Use of Pichia pastoris for Expression of Recombinant Proteins.L.A. Coury, M.L. Zeidel, and J.L. Brodsky, Use of Yeast sec6 Mutant for Purification of Vesicles Containing Recombinant Membrane Proteins.K.R. Peterson, Use of Yeast Artificial Chromosomes to Express Genes in Transgenic Mice.RNA-Based Control of Recombinant Gene Expression:M. KrÃ¼ger, C. Beger, and F. Wong-Staal, Use of Ribozymes to Inhibit Gene Expression.J.L. Davis, P.R. Gross, and O. Danos, Translational Control of Gene Expression Using Retroviral Vectors with Iron Response Elements.J.D. Thompson, Strategies to Express Structural and Catalytic RNAs in Mammalian Cells.R. Pollock and V.M. Rivera, Regulation of Gene Expression with Synthetic Dimerizers.Y. Wang, S.Y. Tsai, and B.W. O'Malley, Antiprogestin Regulable Gene Switch for Induction of Gene Expression in Vivo.Viral Systems for Recombinant Gene Expression:P. Cantalupo, M.T. Saenz-Robles, and J.M. Pipas, Expression of SV40 Large T Antigen in Baculovirus Systems and Purification by Immunoaffinity Chromatography.D. Mackey and B. Sugden, Applications of oriP Plasmids and Their Mode of Replication.I. Verma, Gene Vector Development and Regulated Gene Expression in Viral Vectors.S. Khan, HPV Vectors for Gene Transfer and Gene Expression in vivo.B. Moss, Use of Poxvirus Expression Vectors.M.E. Garber, P. Wei, G. Cadenas, and K.A. Jones, Protein and RNA Affinity Selection Techniques Using HIV-1 Tat.N.A. DeLuca, Understanding of HSV Gene Regulation in vivo.F. Tufaro, Genetic Manipulation of HSV Using Bacterial Artificial Chromosomes.