Ethics in Criminal Justice
In Search of the Truth
- Sam Souryal, Sam Houston State University
The fourth edition features expanded discussion of the formula of ethical discretion to enhance studentsâ understanding of ethics decision making in real-life situations, as well as a new chapter on the ethics of loyalty and loyalties in the workplace.
- Published: October 2007
- Imprint: ANDERSON PUBLISHING
- ISBN: 978-1-59345-426-5
Table of Contents
1. Acquainting Yourself with Ethics -- A Tour of the Ethics Hall of Fame
2. Familiarizing Yourself with Ethics -- Nature, Definitions, and Categories
3. Understanding Criminal Justice Ethics -- Sources and Sanctions
4. Meeting the Masters -- Ethical Theories, Concepts, and Issues
5. The Ambivalent Reality -- Major Unethical Themes in Criminal Justice Management
6. Lying and Deception in Criminal Justice
7. Racial Prejudice and Racial Discrimination
8. Egoism and the Abuse of Authority
9. Misguided Loyalties -- To Whom, to What, at What Price?
10. Ethics of Criminal Justice Today -- What Is Being Done and What Can Be Done?
11. Ethics and Police
12. Ethics and Corrections (Prisons)
13. Ethics of Probation and Parole
14. What Can Be Done to Restore Ethics? -- Concluding Comments