1. Acquainting Yourself with Ethics -- A Tour of the Ethics Hall of Fame
2. Familiarizing Yourself with Ethics -- Nature, Definitions, and Categories
3. Understanding Criminal Justice Ethics -- Sources and Sanctions
4. Meeting the Masters -- Ethical Theories, Concepts, and Issues
5. The Ambivalent Reality -- Major Unethical Themes in Criminal Justice Management
6. Lying and Deception in Criminal Justice
7. Racial Prejudice and Racial Discrimination
8. Egoism and the Abuse of Authority
9. Misguided Loyalties -- To Whom, to What, at What Price?
10. Ethics of Criminal Justice Today -- What Is Being Done and What Can Be Done?
11. Ethics and Police
12. Ethics and Corrections (Prisons)
13. Ethics of Probation and Parole
14. What Can Be Done to Restore Ethics? -- Concluding Comments