Ethics in Criminal Justice
In Search of the TruthBy
- Sam Souryal, Sam Houston State University
Students and professionals in the criminal justice field.
Paperback, 544 Pages
Published: September 2010
Imprint: Anderson Publishing
1. Acquainting Yourself with Ethics -- A Tour of the Ethics Hall of Fame
2. Familiarizing Yourself with Ethics -- Nature, Definitions, and Categories
3. Understanding Criminal Justice Ethics -- Sources and Sanctions
4. Meeting the Masters -- Ethical Theories, Concepts, and Issues
5. The Ambivalent Reality -- Major Unethical Themes in Criminal Justice Management
6. Lying and Deception in Criminal Justice
7. Racial Prejudice and Racial Discrimination
8. Egoism and the Abuse of Authority
9. Misguided Loyalties -- To Whom, to What, at What Price?
10. Ethics of Criminal Justice Today -- What Is Being Done and What Can Be Done?
11. Ethics and Police
12. Ethics and Corrections (Prisons)
13. Ethics of Probation and Parole
14. The Truth Revealed: Civility -- The Mother of All Virtues
15. What Can Be Done to Restore Ethics?