Computer-Aided Engineering Design
- Kuang-Hua Chang, Williams Presidential Professor in the School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (AME), University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, USA
- basic design principles and all-digital design paradigms.
- CAD/CAE/CAM tools available for various design related tasks.
- how to put an integrated system together to conduct All-Digital Design (ADD).
- Industrial proactices in employing ADD and tools for product development.
Mechanical, Aerospace, and Industrial Engineers studying design. Engineers interested in learning computer design tools such as ProEngineer and SolidWorks in the context of the design process. Senior and first-year graduate engineering students in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, and Materials Engineering.
- Published: September 2013
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-382039-6
Table of Contents
- Introduction to All-Digital Design
- Geometric and Solid Modeling
- Mechanical Assembly
- Design Parameterization
- Product Data Management and Data Exchange
- Kinematic and Dynamic Analyses of Mechanical Systems
- Structural Analysis Using Finite Element Method
- Fatigue and Fracture Analysis
- Failure Probability Estimate
- Reliability-Based Design
- Virtual Manufacturing
- Rapid Prototyping
- Product Cost Estimate
- Design Decision Making
- Design Optimization
- Future Trends in All-Digital Design
Project P1: Solid Modeling, Design Parameterization, and Product Data Exchange
Project P2: Mechanical System Analysis
Project P3: Structural FEA and Fatigue Analysis
Project P4: CNC Machining Simulations
Project S1: Solid Modeling, Design Parameterization, and Product Data Exchange
Project S2: Mechanical System Analysis
Project S3: Structural FEA and Fatigue Analysis
Project S4: CNC Machining Simulations