All Digital DesignBy
- Kuang-Hua Chang, Dr. Kuang-Hua Chang is the Williams Presidential Professor in the School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (AME) at the University of Oklahoma.
The first book to integrate discussion of computer design tools throughout the design process. Through this book, the reader will...
- ...understand basic design principles and all digital design paradigms.
- ...understand CAD/CAE/CAM tools available for various design related tasks.
- ...understand how to put an integrated system together to conduct All Digital Design (ADD).
- ...understand industrial practices in employing ADD and tools for product development.
Hardbound, 996 Pages
Published: December 2013
Imprint: Academic Press
- Chapter 1 Introduction to All-Digital Design PART I PRODUCT DATA DEFINITION Chapter 2 Geometric and Solid Modeling Chapter 3 Mechanical Assembly Chapter 4 Design Parameterization Chapter 5 Product Data Management and Data Exchange PART II PRODUCT PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS Chapter 6 Kinematic and Dynamic Analyses of Mechanical Systems Chapter 7 Structural Analysis Using Finite Element Method Chapter 8 Fatigue and Fracture Analysis PART III PRODUCT RELIABILITY EVALUATIONS Chapter 9 Failure Probability Estimate Chapter 10 Reliability-Based Design PART IV PRODUCT MANUFACTURING AND COST ESTIMATES Chapter 11 Virtual Manufacturing Chapter 12 Rapid Prototyping Chapter 13 Product Cost Estimate PART V DESIGN THEORY AND METHODOLOGY Chapter 14 Design Decision Making Chapter 15 Design Optimization Chapter 16 Future Trend in All-Digital Design PART VI TUTORIAL PROJECTS: Pro/ENGINEER Project P1: Solid Modeling, Design Parameterization, and Product Data Exchange Project P2: Mechanical System Analysis Project P3: Structural FEA and Fatigue Analysis Project P4: CNC Machining Simulations PART VII TUTORIAL PROJECTS: SolidWorks Project S1: Solid Modeling, Design Parameterization, and Product Data Exchange Project S2: Mechanical System Analysis Project S3: Structural FEA and Fatigue Analysis Project S4: CNC Machining Simulations Project A: Advanced Subjects A1 Finite Element Mesh Generation using HyperMesh A2 Finite Element Mesh Generation using PATRAN A3 Fatigue and Fracture Analysis using MSC.Fatigue A4 Exercises