Energetics of Biological Macromolecules, 259
- Michael Johnson, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, U.S.A.
- Gary Ackers, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.
- John Abelson, California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, U.S.A.
- Melvin Simon, California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, U.S.A.
Biochemists, biophysicists, molecular biologists, analytical chemists, and physiologists.
Methods in Enzymology
Published: September 1995
Imprint: Academic Press
"The Methods in Enzymology series represents the gold-standard."
Praise for the Series, --NEUROSCIENCE
"It is a true 'methods' series, including almost every detail from basic theory to sources of equipment and reagents, with timely documentation provided on each page."
"The series has been following the growing, changing and creation of new areas of science. It should be on the shelves of all libraries in the world as a whole collection."
--CHEMISTRY IN INDUSTRY
"The appearance of another volume in that excellent series, Methods in Enzymology, is always a cause for appreciation for those who wish to successfully carry out a particular technique or prepare an enzyme or metabolic intermediate without the tiresome prospect of searching through unfamiliar literature and perhaps selecting an unproven method which is not easily reproduced."
--AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MICROBIOLOGY NEWS
"If we had some way to find the work most often consulted in the laboratory, it could well be the multi-volume series Methods in Enzymology...a great work."
"A series that has established itself as a definitive reference for biochemists."
--JOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY
- J.M. Holt and G.K. Ackers, Pathway of Allosteric Control as Revealed by Intermediate States of Hemoglobin.Y. Huang and D.W. Bolen, Probes of Energy Transduction in Enzyme Catalysis.V.A. Parsegian, R.P. Rand, and D.C. Rau, Macromolecules and Water: Probing with Osmotic Stress.I. Wong and T.M. Lohman, Linkage of Protein Assembly to Protein-DNA Binding.E. Di Cera, Q.D. Dang, Y. Ayala, and A. Vindigni, Linkage at Steady State: Allosteric Transitions of Thrombin.E. Freire, Thermal Denaturation Methods in Study of Protein Folding.L. Chen, R.L. Biltonen, and M.L. Johnson, Kinetics of Lipid Membrane Phase Transitions: A Volume Perturbation Calorimeter Study.M.L. Doyle, G. Louie, P. Dal Monte, and T. Sokoloski, Tight Binding Affinities Determined from the Thermodynamic Linkage to Protons by Titration Calorimetry.H.F. Fisher and N. Singh, Calorimetric Methods for Interpreting Protein-Ligand Interactions.K.J. Breslauer, Extracting Thermodynamic Data from Equilibrium Melting Curves for Oligonucleotide Order-Disorder Transitions.M.J. Serra and D.H. Turner, Predicting Thermodynamic Properties of RNA.K.B. Hall and J.K. Kranz, Thermodynamics and Mutations in RNA-Protein Interactions.D.E. Draper and T.C. Gluick, Melting Studies of RNA Unfolding and RNA-Ligand Interactions.L. Jen-Jacobson, Structural-Perturbation Approaches to Thermodynamics of Site-Specific Protein-DNAInteractions.Y. Bai, J.J. Englander, L. Mayne, J.S. Milne, and S.W. Englander, Thermodynamic Parameters from Hydrogen Exchange Measurements.C.A. Royer, Application of Pressure to Biochemical Equilibria: The Other Thermodynamic Variable.L.M. Rellick and W.J. Becktel, Molecular Volume.C.R. Robinson and S.G. Sligar, Hydrostatic and Osmotic Pressure as Tools to Study Macromolecular Recognition.T.M. Laue, Sedimentation Equilibrium as Thermodynamic Tool.J. Yang and J. Carey, Footprint Phenotypes: Structural Models of DNA-Binding Proteins from Chemical Modification Analysis of DNA.M. Perrella and I. Denisov, Low-Temperature Electrophoresis Methods.M.R. Eftink, Use of Multiple Spectroscopic Methods to Monitor Equilibrium Unfolding of Proteins.B. Garcia-Moreno, Probing Structural and Physical Basis of Protein Energetics Linked to Protons and Salt.C.N. Pace, Evaluating Contribution of Hydrogen Bonding and Hydrophobic Bonding to Protein Folding.B. Lee, Analyzing Solvent Reorganization and Hydrophobicity.T.P. Creamer and G.D. Rose, Simple Force Field for Study of Peptide and Protein Conformational Properties.M. Martinez-Carrion, A. Artigues, A. Berezov, M.L. Bianconi, A.M. Reyes, and A. Iriarte, Probes for Analysis of Stability of Different Variants of Aspartate Aminotransferase.N.M. Allewell and V.J. LiCata, Thermodynamic Approaches to Understanding Aspartate Transcarbamylase.R. Lumry, On the Interpretation of Data from Isothermal Processes.Author Index.Subject Index.