Encyclopedia of General TopologyBy
- K.P. Hart, Delft University of Technology, Faculty of Information, Technology and Systems, The Netherlands
- Jun-iti Nagata, Uzumasa, Osaka, Japan
- J.E. Vaughan, University of North Carolina, Department of Mathematics, Greensboro, NC, USA
This book is designed for the reader who wants to get a general view of the terminology of General Topology with minimal time and effort. The reader, whom we assume to have only a rudimentary knowledge of set theory, algebra and analysis, will be able to find what they want if they will properly use the index. However, this book contains very few proofs and the reader who wants to study more systematically will find sufficiently many references in the book.
• More terms from General Topology than any other book ever published
• Short and informative articles
• Authors include the majority of top researchers in the field
• Extensive indexing of terms
Working mathematicians and graduate students in mathematics. Mathematicians working in General Topology and related areas.
Hardbound, 536 Pages
Published: November 2003
The book will be very useful for the mathematical community.
Ljubisa Kocinac (Aleksandrovac). Mathematical Reviews, 2005