Embedded Systems Architecture
A Comprehensive Guide for Engineers and ProgrammersBy
- Tammy Noergaard, Chief Specialist, Embedded Systems, Terma, Denmark.
"This book fills a void. Most books address only portions of the embedded problem. As the title indicates, this one is uniquely comprehensive. I consider it a must-read"
--Review of the 1st Edition. Jack Ganssle, embedded author, lecturer, consultant.
Embedded Systems Architecture is a practical and technical guide to understanding the components that make up an embedded systems architecture. This book is perfect for those starting out as technical professionals such as engineers, programmers and designers of embedded systems; and also for students of computer science, computer engineering and electrical engineering. It gives a much-needed big picture for recently graduated engineers grappling with understanding the design of real-world systems for the first time, and provides professionals with a systems-level picture of the key elements that can go into an embedded design, providing a firm foundation on which to build their skills.
* Real-world approach to the fundamentals, as well as the design and architecture process, makes this book a popular reference for the daunted or the inexperienced: if in doubt, the answer is in here!* Fully updated with new coverage of FPGAs, testing, middleware and the latest programming techniques in C, plus complete source code and sample code, reference designs and tools online make this the complete package
* Visit the companion web site at http://books.elsevier.com/add-ISBN-here for source code, design examples, data sheets and more.
- Beginning professionals - engineers, programmers, and designers of embedded systems; software and hardware engineers; IT architects; systems designers; new product developers.
- Students in the areas of computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, bioengineering, and mechanical engineering.
Hardbound, 672 Pages
Published: December 2012
About the AuthorSection I: Introduction to Embedded Systems
Chapter 1: A Systems Engineering Approach to Embedded Systems DesignChapter 2: Know Your Standards
Section II: Embedded HardwareChapter 3: Embedded Hardware Building Blocks and the Embedded Board
Chapter 4: Embedded ProcessorsChapter 5: Board Memory
Chapter 6: Board I/O (Input/Output)Chapter 7: Board Buses
Section III: Embedded Software IntroductionChapter 8: Device Drivers
Chapter 9: Embedded Operating SystemsChapter 10: Middleware and Application Software
Section IV: Putting It All Together: Design and DevelopmentChapter 11: Defining the System-Creating the Architecture and Documenting the Design
Chapter 12: The Final Phases of Embedded Design: Implementation and TestingAppendix A: Projects and Exercises
Appendix B: Schematic SymbolsAppendix C: Acronyms and Abbreviations
Appendix D: GlossaryIndex
Whats on the CD-ROM