Electronic Structure of Clusters
Modern Trends in Atomic PhysicsSeries Editor:
- John Sabin, Quantum Theory Project, University of Florida, USA
- Erkki Brandas, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Hans Persson, Goteborg University, Sweden
- Dag Hanstorp, Goteborg University, Sweden
- Per-Olov Lowden, Quantum Chemistry Group, Uppsala University, Sweden, and Quantum Theory Project, University of Florida, Gainesville, U.S.A.
This volume is based on a symposium in honor of Professor Ingvar Lindgren. It includes a contribution by Dr. William D. Phillips, who was awarded the 1997 Nobel Prize in the field of physics for work on the development of methods to cool and trap atoms with laser light. Advances in Quantum Chemistry publishes surveys of current developments in the rapidly developing field of quantum chemistry--a field that falls between the historically established areas of mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology. With invited reviews written by leading international researchers, each presenting new results, this quality serial provides a single vehicle for following progress in this interdisciplinary area.
Researchers in quantum chemistry, mathematics, biology and physics. Universities and industrial research and development groups working on biological molecules and new materials.
Advances in Quantum Chemistry
Hardbound, 506 Pages
Published: April 1998
Imprint: Academic Press
"Quantum chemistry has emerged as a subject in its own right. The appearance of a review publication which surveys recent achievements in the field is therefore very appropriate and, when it has the quality of this volume, is most welcome."
Praise for the Series , --PROCEEDINGS OF THE PHYSICAL SOCIETY
"The juxtaposition of the oldest of quantum chemical studies, atomic structure, and one of the newest, quantum biology, highlights the importance of quantum theory in modern chemistry. Thus, having first opened the book in search of a particular article, the reader is stimulated to delve into fields of which he has but a superficial knowledge. In this way the book can be instrumental in broadening the interests and background of those who turn to it."
--THE ROYAL INSTITUTE OF CHEMISTRY
- Contributors. Preface. C. Nordling, Four Decades of Atomic Physics. N.F. Ramsey, Spectroscopy with Highly Coherent Radiation. W.D. Phillips, Atoms in Optical Lattices: Cooling, Trapping and Squeezing Atoms with Light. D.J. Wineland, C. Monroe, D.M. Meekhof, B.E. King, D. Leibfried, W.M. Itano, J.C Bergquist, D. Berkeland, J.J. Bollinger and J. Miller, Coherent Quantum State Manipulation of Trapped Atomic Ions. J.T. Hoffges, H.W. Baldauf, T. Eichler, S.R. Helmfrid and H. Walther, Resonance Fluorescence of a Single Ion. P.J. Mohr, Quantum Electrodynamics and the Fundamental Constants. V.W Hughes, High Precision Spectroscopy of Positronium and Muonium. G. Soff, T. Beier, M. Greiner, H. Persson, and G. Plunien, Quantum Electrodynamics of Strong Fields: Status and Perspectives. U.S. Mahapatra, B. Datta, B. Bandyopadhyay, and D. Mukherjee, State-Specific Multi-Reference Coupled Cluster Formulations: Two Paradigms. W. Greiner, Correlations in the Vacuum. S. Svanberg, High-Power Lasers and Their Applications. A. Rosen, A Periodic Table in Three Dimensions: A Sightseeing Tour in the Nanometer World. B. Fricke, J. Anton, K. Schulze, W.E. Sepp, and P. Kurpick, Relativistic and Dynamic Contributions in Ion-Atom and Ion Solid Collisions. S. Svanberg and U. Berzinsh, Atomic Radiative Lifetimes Measured by Pulsed Laser Spectroscopy in the UV/VUV Spectral Region. Y. Zou, T. Brage, and I. Martinsson, A Theoretical and Experimental Study of the Quartet System of B I. D. Hanstorp, C. Haeffler, A.K. Klinkmuller, U. Ljungblad, U. Berzinsh, I.Y. Kiyan, D.J. Pegg, Two Electron Dynamics in Photodetachment. J.R. Persson, Collinear Laser Spectroscopy on Radioactive Isotopes. A-M Martinson-Pendrill, M.G.H. Gustavsson, Four Decades of Hyperfine Anomalies. C. Ekstrom, Spins and Moments of Nuclei Far from Stability Determined by On-line Atomic-Beam Techniques. H. Persson, S. Salomonson, and P. Sunnergren, Regularization Corrections to the Partial-Wave Renomalization Procedure. L. Labzowsky and M.A. Tokman, The Reference State Coulomb-Breit QED Corrections for the Few-Electron Highly Charged Ions. P-O. Lowdin, Some Aspects on the Bloch-Lindgren Equation and a Comparison with the Partitioning Technique. J. Sucher, What is the Force Between Electrons. L.R. Pendrill and L. Robertson, Atomic Physics and the Laser Metrology of Time and Length. H. Rubinsztein-Dunlop, T.A. Nieminen, M.E.J. Friese, and N.R. Heckenberg, Optical Trapping of Absorbing Particles. Index.