Drug-Drug Interactions: Scientific and Regulatory Perspectives
- Albert Li, In Vitro Technologies, Inc., and University of Maryland Technology Center, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- J. August, John Hopkins University; Department of Pharmacology, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Ferid Murad, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, U.S.A.
- M. Anders, University of Rochester; Department of Pharmacology, New York, U.S.A.
- Joseph Coyle, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Professionals in the pharmaceutical industry, health care industry, and governmental regulatory agencies. Students and researchers in the areas of pharmacology, toxicology, pharmacokinetics, and medicine.
- Published: October 1997
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-032944-1
"Recommended not only to pharmacologists but also to all those in related disciplines."
Praise for the Series, --NATURE
"The works do represent an extensive compilation of recent data by outstanding researchers in this area. They are generally scientifically excellent, the bibliographies are good, and the individual reports are clear, concise, and extremely well illustrated."
--H.E. Kaufmann in CHEMOTHERAPY
"Superb reading material."
--JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
"This book represents a comprehensive review of drug-drug interaction and is unique since the contributors are from all facets of the workplace, including academic institutes, government, and industry... The most attractive feature of the book is its well-focused subject area with the emphasis on the importance of P-450 enzymes in drug interactions and how government regulatory agencies evaluate them... It is unique since it presents the regulatory aspects of drug evaluations as an integral part of the science of drug-drug interactions."
--Rajendar Mehta, PhD, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine for DOODY'S PUBLISHING