DNA Structures, Part A, Synthesis and Physical Analysis of DNA
Volume 211: Dna Structures Part AEdited by
- David Lilley, The University, Dundee, Scotland
- James Dahlberg, University of Wisconsin, Madison, U.S.A.
- John Abelson, California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, U.S.A.
- Melvin Simon, California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, USA
To understand the structures and dynamics of DNA and its interactions with ligands, a complete analysis of its confirmational flexibility is required. This volume and its companion, Volume 212 of Methods in Enzymology, collate in one source all the methods and approaches needed to achieve this goal.
Biochemists, biophysicists, molecular biologists, microbiologists, geneticists, and industrial researchers working on protein products.
Methods in Enzymology
Hardbound, 619 Pages
Published: August 1992
Imprint: Academic Press
"The Methods in Enzymology series represents the gold-standard."
Praise for the Series , --NEUROSCIENCE
"It is a true 'methods' series, including almost every detail from basic theory to sources of equipment and reagents, with timely documentation provided on each page."
"The series has been following the growing, changing and creation of new areas of science. It should be on the shelves of all libraries in the world as a whole collection."
--CHEMISTRY IN INDUSTRY
"The appearance of another volume in that excellent series, Methods in Enzymology, is always a cause for appreciation for those who wish to successfully carry out a particular technique or prepare an enzyme or metabolic intermediate without the tiresome prospect of searching through unfamiliar literature and perhaps selecting an unproven method which is not easily reproduced."
--AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MICROBIOLOGY NEWS
"If we had some way to find the work most often consulted in the laboratory, it could well be the multi-volume series Methods in Enzymology...a great work."
"A series that has established itself as a definitive reference for biochemists."
--JOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY
- Chemical Synthesis of DNA:M.H. Caruthers, G. Beaton, J.V. Wu, and W. Wiesler, Chemical Synthesis of Deoxyoligonucleotides and Deoxyoligonucleotide Analogs.T. Brown and D.J.S. Brown, Purification of Synthetic DNA.B.A. Connolly, Synthetic Oligodeoxynucleotides Containing Modified Bases.P.S. Miller, Preparation of Psoralen-Derivatized Oligodeoxyribonucleodise Methylphosphonates.Nonstandard DNA Structures and Their Analysis:R.E. Dickerson, DNA Structure from A to Z.V.I. Ivanov and D.Y. Krylov, A-DNA in Solution as Studied by Diverse Approaches.B.H. Johnston, Generation and Detection of Z-DNA.A.H. Murchie and D.M.J. Lilley, Supercoiled DNA and Cruciform Structures.M.D. Frank-Kamenetskii, Protonated DNA Structures.D. Sen and W. Gilbert, Guanine Quartet Structures.K. Rippe and T.M. Jovin, Parallel-Stranded Duplex DNA.W.N. Hunter, Crystallographic Studies of DNA Containing Mismatches, Modified, and Unpaired Bases.Spectroscopic Methods for Analysis of DNA:J. Feigon, V. Sklenar, E. Wang, D.E. Gilbert, R.F. Macaya, and P. Schultze, 1H NMR Spectroscopy of DNA.D.G. Gorenstein, 31P NMR of DNA.J.Van Wijk, B.D. Huckriede, J.H. Ippel, and C. Altona, Furanose Sugar Conformations in DNA from NMR Coupling Constants.E. Taillandier and J. Liquier, Infrared Spectroscopy of DNA.W.L. Peticolas and E. Evertsz, Conformation of DNA in Vitro and in Vivo from Laser Raman Scattering.R.M. Clegg, Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer and Nucleic Acids.D.M. Gray, R.L. Ratliff, and M.R. Vaughan, Circular Dichroism Spectroscopy of DNA.Structural Methods of DNA Analysis:Y. Timsit and D. Moras, Crystallization of DNA.J. Langowski, W. Kremer, and U. Kapp, Dynamic Light Scattering for Study of Solution Conformation and Dynamics of Superhelical DNA.E. von Kitzing, Modeling DNA Structures: Molecular Mechanics and Molecular Dynamics.A.V. Vologodskii and M.D. Frank-Kamenetskii, ModelingSupercoiled DNA.R. Thresher and J. Griffith, Electron Microscopic Visualization of DNA and DNA-Protein Complexes as Adjunct to Biochemical Studies.P.G. Arscott and V.A. Bloomfield, Scanning Tunneling Microscopy of Nucleic Acids.J. Dubochet, M. Adrian, I. Dustin, P. Furrer, and A. Stasiak, Cryoelectron Microscopy of DNA Molecules in Solution.J. Torbet, Solution Behavior of DNA Studied with Magnetically Induced Birefringence.K.J. Breslauer, E. Freire, and M. Straume, Calorimetry: A Tool for DNA and Ligand-DNA Studies.Author Index.Subject Index.