Digital Signal Processing
Fundamentals and Applications
- Li Tan, Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering, Purdue University North Central
The book goes beyond DSP theory, to show implementation of algorithms in hardware and software. Additional topics covered include adaptive filtering with noise reduction and echo cancellations, speech compression, signal sampling, digital filter realizations, filter design, multimedia applications, over-sampling, etc. More advanced topics are also covered, such as adaptive filters, speech compression such as PCM, u-law, ADPCM, and multi-rate DSP and over-sampling ADC.
New to this edition:
- MATLAB projects dealing with practical applications added throughout the book
- New chapter (chapter 13) covering sub-band coding and wavelet transforms, methods that have become popular in the DSP field
- New applications included in many chapters, including applications of DFT to seismic signals, electrocardiography data, and vibration signals
- All real-time C programs revised for the TMS320C6713 DSK
This book is targeted to meet the needs of electrical engineers and technicians who design and build hardware and software for DSP systems.This textbook can also be used in an introductory DSP course at the junior level in undergraduate electrical engineering program at traditional colleges. Additionally, the book should be useful as a reference for undergraduate engineering students, science students, and practicing engineers
- Published: February 2013
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-415893-1
Table of Contents
Intro to DSP.
Signal Sampling and Quantization.
Digital Signals and Systems.
Discrete Fourier Transforms and Signal Spectra
DSP Systems, Basic Filtering Type, and Digital Filter Realizations.
Finite Impulse Response Filter Design.
Infinite Impulse Response Filter Design.
Hardware and Software for Digital Signal Processors.
Adaptive Filters and Applications.
Waveform Quantization and Compression.
Multirate Digital Signal Processing, Oversampling ADC Conversion, and Under Sampling of Bandpass Signals.
Subband and Wavelet Based Coding.
Image Processing Basics.
Answers to Selected Problems