Developments in Surface Contamination and Cleaning
Particle Deposition, Control and Removal
- Rajiv Kohli, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Houston, Texas, USA
- Kashmiri L. Mittal, Editor, Reviews of Adhesion and Adhesives
Topics covered include:
- A systems analysis approach to contamination control
- Physical factors that influence the behavior of particle deposition in enclosures
- An overview of current yield models and description of advanced models
- Types of strippable coatings, their properties and applications of these coatings for removal of surface contaminants
- In-depth coverage of ultrasonic cleaning
- Contamination and cleaning issues at the nanoscale
- Experimental results illustrating the impact of model parameters on the removal of particle contamination
The expert contributions in this book provide a valuable source of information on the current status and recent developments in surface contamination and cleaning. The book will be of value to industry, government and academic personnel involved in research and development, manufacturing, process and quality control, and procurement specifications across sectors including microelectronics, aerospace, optics, xerography and joining (adhesive bonding).
ABOUT THE EDITORS
Rajiv Kohli is a leading expert with The Aerospace Corporation in contaminant particle behavior, surface cleaning, and contamination control. At the NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas, he provides technical support for contamination control related to ground-based and manned spaceflight hardware for the Space Shuttle, the International Space Station, and the new Constellation Program that is designed to meet the United States Vision for Space Exploration.
Kashmiri Lal "Kash" Mittal was associated with IBM from 1972 to 1994. Currently, he is teaching and consulting in the areas of surface contamination and cleaning, and in adhesion science and technology. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Adhesion Science and Technology and is the editor of 98 published books, many of them dealing with surface contamination and cleaning.
Developments in Surface Contamination and Cleaning, Volume 1: Fundamentals and Applied Aspects (edited by Rajiv Kohli & K.L. Mittal). ISBN: 9780815515555.
AudienceR&D, Quality Control and operations personnel involved in contamination-sensitive manufacturing across a wide range of industry sectors: semiconductor & electronics, biotech & pharmaceuticals, medical devices, optics, aerospace, flat panel displays, food...
- Published: November 2009
- Imprint: WILLIAM ANDREW
- ISBN: 978-1-4377-7830-4
Table of Contents
Particle Deposition onto Enclosure Surfaces; Contamination Control: A Systems Approach; Particles in Semiconductor Processing; Continuous Contamination Monitoring Systems; Strippable Coatings for Removal of Surface Contaminants; Ultrasonic Cleaning