Developmental disorders and interventions
- Joni Holmes
Volume 39 of the Advances in Child Development and Behavior series is concerned with Developmental Disorders and Interventions. This volume provides an overview of contemporary research into cognitive, neurodevelopmental and genetic disorders of learning. The social, emotional and cognitive functioning of children with Williams syndrome, Down syndrome, Fragile X and autism, reading difficulties, mathematical difficulties and working memory problems are discussed by some of the leading researchers in the field. Within each chapter, the authors consider current interventions and methods for remediating difficulties associated with each disorder, which will be of particular interest to clinical and educational practitioners.
Developmental or educational psychology researchers, scholars, and students.
Advances in Child Development and Behavior
Hardbound, 286 Pages
Published: November 2010
Imprint: Academic Press
- Poor working memory: Impact and Interventions - JONI HOLMES, SUSAN E. GATHERCOLE AND DARREN L. DUNNING
- Mathematical Learning Disabilities - DAVID GEARY
- The Poor Comprehender Profile: Understanding and Supporting Individuals Who Have Difficulties Extracting Meaning From Text - PAULA J. CLARKE, LISA M. HENDERSON AND EMMA TRUELOVE
- Down Syndrome - GLYNIS LAWS
- Williams Syndrome - DEBBIE RIBY AND MELANIE PORTER
- Fragile X and Associated Disorders - KIM M. CORNISH, KYLIE M. GRAY AND NICOLE J. RINEHART