Daniels and Worthingham's Muscle Testing
Techniques of Manual Examination and Performance TestingBy
- Helen Hislop
- Dale Avers
- Marybeth Brown
A practical handbook on evaluating muscular strength and function, Daniels and Worthingham's Muscle Testing: Techniques of Manual Examination and Performance Testing, 9th Edition makes it easy to understand and master procedures in manual muscle testing and performance testing. Clear, illustrated instructions provide a guide to patient positioning, direction of motion, and direction of resistance. In addition to muscle testing of normal individuals and others with weakness or paralysis, this edition includes new coverage of alternative strength tests and performance tests for older adults and others with functional decline (such as the inactive and obese). Written by educators Helen J. Hislop, Dale Avers, and Marybeth Brown, this classic physical therapy reference now features an Evolve companion website with video clips demonstrating key muscle testing techniques.
Spiral Bound, 528 Pages
Published: January 2013
1. Principles of Manual Muscle Testing
2. Relevance and Limitations of Manual Muscle Testing NEW!
3. Testing the Muscles of the Neck
4. Testing the Muscles of the Trunk
5. Testing the Muscles of the Upper Extremity
6. Testing the Muscles of the Lower Extremity
7. Assessment of Muscles Innervated by Cranial Nerves
8. Alternatives to Manual Muscle Testing NEW!
9. Testing Functional Abilities NEW!
10. Case Studies NEW!
11. Ready Reference Anatomy