Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, and Clinical Judgment
A Practical ApproachBy
- Rosalinda Alfaro-LeFevre, RN, MSN, ANEF, President, Teaching Smart/Learning Easy, Stuart, FL
What's behind every healed patient? Critical thinking! Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, and Clinical Judgment: A Practical Approach, 5th Edition, provides the tools you need to become a safe, competent nurse. Using an inspiring, insightful, "how-to" approach, this book helps you develop critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and test-taking skills in preparation for the NCLEX® Examination and, even more importantly, apply critical thinking and clinical reasoning to nursing practice. Critical thinking and clinical reasoning strategies come to life through the use of real-life scenarios and decision-making tools, all supported with evidence for why the strategies work. Expert author Rosalinda Alfaro-LeFevre makes the concepts of critical thinking and clinical reasoning come alive, so you can start thinking like a nurse and learn essential critical thinking and clinical judgment reasoning skills for nursing practice.
Paperback, 336 Pages
Published: December 2011
1. What are Critical Thinking, Clinical Reasoning, and Clinical Judgment?
2. How to Develop Critical Thinking
3. Clinical Reasoning and Clinical Judgment4. Ethical Reasoning, Evidence-Based Practice, Teaching Others, Teaching Ourselves, and Test-Taking
5. Practicing Clinical Reasoning Skills: Applying Nursing Process6. Developing Interpersonal, Teamwork, and Self-management SkillsResponse Key for Exercises in Chapters 1 to 5Appendix A: Concept Mapping: Getting in the "Right" State of Mind
Appendix B: Key Brain Parts Involved in ThinkingAppendix C: Patients Rights
Appendix D: ANA Standards of Practice and Professional Performance for Registered NursesAppendix E: Comprehensive Patient Admission Tool
Appendix F: NCLEX Practice Questions