Your Questions Answered
- David Halpin, MD, Consultant Physician and Senior Lecturer in Respiratory Medicine, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Exeter, UK
The books are designed for general practitioners and other health practitioners providing front line care (including nurses)
They also provide informative sources of information for informed patients and their families and carers
- Published: October 2003
- Imprint: CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- ISBN: 978-0-443-07438-7
Table of Contents
- Definitions and epidemiology.
- Pathology and pathophysiology.
- Diagnosis and prognosis.
- Management guidelines for COPD.
- Prevention of COPD.
- Drug therapy.
- Treating exacerbations of COPD.
- Oxygen therapy and non-invasive ventilation.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation and non-pharmacological management of COPD.
- Surgical management of COPD.
- New treatments.
- Palliative care.
- Practice organization.
- Sources of further information.
- List of patient questions.