Controversies in Victimology
- Laura Moriarty
- Published: October 2008
- Imprint: ANDERSON PUBLISHING
- ISBN: 978-1-59345-568-2
Table of Contents
1. Balancing Criminal Victimsâ and Criminal Defendantsâ Rights
2. Victim Blaming
3. Same-Sex Intimate-Partner Violence - Lifting the Veil of Denial
4. The Mass Media and Victims of Rape
5. Should Victims Have the Right to Meet with Their Offenders?
6. Fear of Crime and Victimization
7. Cyberstalking - Whatâs the Big Deal?
8. Victim Impact Statements - Fairness to Defendants?
9. Victim-Offender Programs in Correctional Settings -- Can They Effectively Bridge Divergent Perspectives?
10. Female Sex Offenders - Does Anyone Really Get Hurt?
11. Reconciling the Controversies - Is Education the Panacea?