Contraception: Your Questions AnsweredBy
- John Guillebaud
- Anne MacGregor
2013 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Primary Health Care!
Now in edition 6, Contraception: Your Questions Answered has been completely revised and updated to incorporate all the latest information about contraception methods, effectiveness, mechanisms, side-effects and complications.
Family planning doctors and nurses
Medical students with a special interest in this field
Paperback, 608 Pages
Published: October 2012
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
1. Introduction: the population explosion, sexual and contraceptive history-taking and counselling - the importance of fertility control.
2. Aspects of human fertility and fertility awareness: natural birth control.
3. Male methods of contraception.4. Vaginal methods of contraception.
5. The combined oral contraceptive - selection and eligibility.6. The combined oral contraceptive - follow-up arrangements and new routes of administration.
7. The progestogen-only pill.8. Injectables and implants.
9. Intrauterine devices and systems.10. Emergency (postcoital) contraception.
11. Contraception for the young, the not quite so young - and in future.Further reading. Websites. Appendices.