Competitor Analysis in Financial Services
This is the first comprehensive professional guide to the strategies and techniques of competitor analysis for the financial services industry. It explains how to set up systems and models to identify and analyse competitors and their products.
The book begins with an overview of the need for competitor analysis in financial services. It continues with the identification of competitors, the setting up of competitor analysis systems, and a consideration of key sources of information. The core of the book examines the process of analysis, modelling, dissemination and monitoring of information and its application for competitive advantage.
Key concepts in Competitor analysis in financial services:
- Don't just copy others' systems
- Understand the need for competitor intelligence
- Find out what competitors do
- Understand the methodology
- Set up the systems to fit your company
Hardbound, 224 Pages
Published: July 1998
Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- The need for competitor analysis; Who are your competitors? Establishing the corporate framework; Establishing the strategic framework; Sources; Analysis; Systems; Models; Own products and services; What competitors offer; External suppliers; How to distribute the information; How to use the competitor analysis function; Further strategic considerations.