Cold Spray Technology
- Anatolii Papyrin, President of Cold Spray Technology, LLC, Albuquerque, U.S.A.
- Vladimir Kosarev, Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of Russian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk, Russia.
- Sergey Klinkov, Institut of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of Russian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk, Russia.
- Anatolii Alkhimov, Institut of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of Russian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk, Russia.
- Vasily Fomin, Institute of the Theoretical and Applied Mechanics and Siberian Division of Russian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk, Russia.
This book is the first of its kind on the Cold Spray process. Cold Spray Technology covers a wide spectrum of various aspects of the Cold Spray technology, including gas-dynamics, physics of interaction of high-speed solid particles with a substrate as well as equipment, technologies, and applications. Cold Spray Technology includes the results of more than 20 years of original studies (1984-2005) conducted at the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics of the Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Science, as well as the results of studies conducted at most of the research centres around the world.
The authors' goal is threefold. The first goal is to explain basic principles and advantages of the Cold Spray process. The second goal is, to give practical information on technologies and equipment. The third goal is to present the current state of research and development in this field over the world.
The book provides coverage and data that will be of interest for users of Cold Spray technology as well as for other coating experts. At the present time the Cold Spray method is recognized by world leading scientists and specialists. A wide spectrum of research is being conducted at many research centres and companies in many countries.
The book is a research monograph, and it is suitable for specialists working in the field of Material Science, in particular, applying coatings for various applications. The book provides coverage and data that will be of interest for users of Cold Spray and Thermal Spray technologies as well as for other coating experts. The book can be useful for the broad reading public, in particular, for engineers, scientists, technicians, and postgraduate students who are interested in studies of advanced technologies, gas dynamics of supersonic two-phase flows and physics of high speed collision of the particles with the target.
- Published: October 2006
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-08-045155-8